Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Tooltip

Is there a way of having the tooltip display over multiple lines, eg some CRLF character inside the XML

Comments

• If you have a use for more than one date field, the tooltip is not user friendly for distinguishing between them and placing them in separate groups so that you can use the group caption as an indicator is kind of overkill.

I mean while we're asking... :-D
  • Colin,

There is currently no support for multi-lined tooltips. I am certainly interested in adding that feature in the future, but starting that now will just distract from my goal of getting the Ribbon to a stable 1.0 release.

Mark,

I went ahead and added a <Label> control, which is now documented on the wiki. There is a short article here explaining how to use it with the date field.
  • Thanks Kevin.

Never hurts to ask.

Had a quick play and yes I've got labels. I will need to play some more to determine the best way to utilise them for my needs but looks good so far.

One think I did notice and I don't know if this is new or I just hadn't noticed before but the datefields tooltips don't display. That meant in my initial testing I wasn't entirely sure if the label was next to the corresponding datefield or another. There are other ways to check and I will do so later today but thought you might want to check the tooltips.
  • Fixed date fields not showing tooltips.