Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Refreshing new ribbon

I changed the XML data then loaded the new data using:
Send_Message(Ole_Ribbon$, "OLE.Init", SetupXml)
It seems to append the new xml to the existing ribbon data.
How do you load a new set of xml data without reloading the MDI.

TIA

Chris

Comments

• This is an issue of design. Setting up the entire ribbon takes a lot of CPU cycles, so the aim was to have a single one-time call to Init. It was never intended to be called more than once. If you have tabs or groups that you want to only appear at certain times, then they should be included in the first call to Init but with their Visible attributes set to "false". Then, you use properties such as TabVisible to show them as needed.

If this doesn't help you, let me know some details of what you are hoping to accomplish so I can better determine if the control achieve it.
  • I have an application with 1080 menu items controlled by an Hierarchial list box. Each user's menu items access is controlled by the system administrator by turning the menu items onoff. You can imagine users with a lot of menu items can be quite daunting. Therefore we are developing a favourite function where the most commonly items are displayed on the ribbon. These items are controlled by the user. It is not practical to have up to 1080 items in the favourites tab then to be turned onoff. Therefore I would like the user to change the XML (via a function to create XML), then insert the additional XML into the required tab control and the apply the new XML without logging off.
    I would imagine a reset/reload function that would reestablish the ribbon details.

Hope I have explained my situation.

TIA

Chris