Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OI Crashing

I have an MDI with a ribbon control. On the ribbon there is a log out button.
Starting OI in development mode. Press the log out 2 time no problem. Press the log out the 3rd time OI stopped responding. ALL 3 times were exactly the same by pressing the "Launch App" button, then logging out.

Any ideas would be grateful.

TIA

Chris

Comments

• Sorry forgot to mention the logout routine is as follows:

Void = End_Window(MDI_Frame@)
    RetVal = True$

Hope this helps.

Chris
  • Restarted my laptop and still have the problem. Seems as if the ribbon control is not reset after closing the MDI containing the ribbon and when you load the MDI for the 3rd time and close again OI crashes. Remember I get returned back to the OI development manager window. Using the old MDI not the IDE.

Hope this helps.

Chris
  • Chris,

Using an OLE event to close a form, especially the last form, of an application is usually problematic. Perhaps you are encountering something unique to the SRP Ribbon control, but what you are describing is a common problem with any OLE control. This is due to the nature of how OI processes OLE events.

Can you try to use a Post_Event(MDI_Frame@, 'CLOSE') call instead?
  • Thanks Don,

That seems to have fixed the crashing issue.

Chris
  • Don is correct. You can't close windows during an OLE event because you end up destroying the OLE control while it's the middle of an event. The solution, as you've confirmed, is to post a close event so the OLE's event can finish first.