Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

User interface to control visibility

If I am to replace the exiting list box with the new ribbon control then what is the recommended method/procedure for the user administrator to control button/group/tab visibility.
eg should we have a duplicate ribbon that controls visibility. What do you do?

Any advice would be grateful.

TIA

Chris

Comments

• I've been delayed in responding because I went ahead an implemented a way to dynamically add new things to the ribbon during runtime. It is still the case that you only call Init once. When you want to add stuff, you can use one of several new methods: AddControls, AddGroups, or AddTabs. Each of these are fully documented on the wiki and take Xml as their parameter. There are also corresponding remove methods.

This will allow you to add new controls as you see fit. However, you are responsible for updating the init XML you keep stored in your database. In other words, there is no method that will build an XML string representing the current state of the control. I recognize the value in that, but I have to tackle these things one at a time.

You can download a new build of the control here. The version number is 3.2.0 RC9.
  • Happy to see the inability to resist temptation and curiosity spans across the globe :-) :-)