Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OnHover event

Is it possible to have a Onhover event so that when a user hovers over a control we can capture the event for processing a procedure.

TIA

Chris

Comments

• Chris,

Technically I'm sure this is possible. We've added similar events to other controls.

That said, I'm sure you realize we are getting this control ready to be officially released and moved out of BETA. New features like an OnHover event would be too much to add this late in the game. It is something we can certainly add to our requested feature list and then give it due consideration.

Keep in mind, however, that an OnHover event can involve quite a bit of processing within the UI. This leads to performance lag. For this reason we do not normally create an event like this - or if we do we will provide a way to turn it on (leaving it off by default.)

It is also helpful to talk through one's intended use for such an event. Maybe what you really want to accomplish can already be done. Alternatively, maybe what you really want to accomplish is simply not a good idea. I recommend we explore this further.
  • I presume you want an event that allows you to show a custom tooltip rather than the simplified built-in ones. As much as I want to give you that feature, it's not quite so simple as I would have to updated every single control to support this feature. Moreover, I have to make it work nicely with the existing tooltip functionality, or at least add a toggle to turn it on/off. Given the amount of work involved, I don't want the Ribbon to be delayed due to scope creep. I've made a note to add this in a future release.