Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

FixedRowHeight

Setting the FixedRowHeight property causes rows to be able to be resized in height.
Is there any way to turn this off so that the row height is set to say 16 pixels, and cannot be changed.

Comments

• Colin,

I'm confused. Are you reporting that this property isn't working as documented? The purpose of the FixedRowHeight property is to do exactly what you want.
  • Don, not quite.
    The Fixed Row Height property is working fine, in that it sets the row height to the value you specify.

The problem is that is has a side effect.
    Without setting the FixedRowHeight property, you cannot resize the row depth of individual rows.
    When you do set this property, then you can resize the rows.

My aim is to have a predefined row height, and no ability to resize each row, so that the view looks more like an Edit table, which I then use with the ability to group, and set checks, with multi-select... all of which are superior.

Thanks

Colin
  • I honestly hadn't noticed this occur. As you probably know, we use a third party code base for this control, so I simply used their API to apply fixed row height. I wasn't aware this occurred as well. I'll look into what it will take to do this or if it's even possible.
  • Bad news. The third party control does not allow fixed row height without also allowing resizeable rows. What they've really done is supported a Free Row Height mode, where row height can be whatever the user wants. Unfortunately, I would have to modify the third party source code to get what we want. I'm not sure the difficulty of that, but at the very least it means we shouldn't expect a fix for this for the next release.
  • Oh well, thanks for looking.
    It would be nice to have, but its not super critical.
    It is a usability things really, as if you try and to a click-shift/click to select a range of rows, it is easy to get a bit messed up with the resize.

I suppose I can always reinstate the rowheight at appropriate times.
  • Good news. I dug into the third party source code and removed the manual resize functionality. Maybe in the future I'll make this optional, but for now I think it's preferable that the row heights are static. This change will be in the next release.