Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Scroll bar causes edit table error dialog

We are having an issue with an Edit table, with the scroll bars.
It seems that resizing the screen to make the scroll bar trigger, then scroll up, then resize to hide it, then try and click on the scroll causes an issue.

Comments

• SRP EditTable Control 3.0.4 and SRP Controls Pro 3.0.6 are now available for download. The update fixes the scrollbars getting wrongly sized and sometimes leading to a crash.
  • Colin,

We have duplicated the problem. In fact, we have verified that this problem existed since at least 3.0.0 (we are currently at 3.0.2). We do not know if this existed with the 2.x version of the product.

Maybe you can confirm something for me. In our testing it seems that this only happens when the SRP EditTable does not initially require a scroll bar but when the form is made smaller then the scroll bar appears. On the other hand, if the SRP EditTable already required a scroll bar without resizing the form then it continues to work fine after resizing the form.

Thanks,
  • Don

I tried this with and without the following line Call Set_Property(Ctrl,"OLE.ScrollBarsVisible","AL":@FM:"AL") I still get the same.

When the table is initially populated there are 1000s of rows, then this is filtered to say 10.
    Resizing to make the window smaller seems to be the trigger.
    I seem to be able to replicate more easily when I try and drag the scroll bar handle, which does it every time.

Resize it to remove the scroll bar, and then reduce to show the scroll bar then continues to show the error dialog.

Colin
  • Colin,

Thanks for testing that. I wasn't referring to the ScrollBarsVisible property but it is good to know that it doesn't really change anything. I was just trying to see if the problem occurs only when the SRP EditTable is populated with data but not enough to trigger the scroll bar until the form is resized. It looks like you verified that as well.
  • Tried download, version is still 3.0.3.
    This still causes error dialog when scrolling.

Colin
  • Colin,

My mistake. Version 3.0.3 is the correct version number, however, I'm disappointed to hear that it's still crashing on you. I was able to recreate this before 3.0.3. Perhaps you are doing something slightly different than I am. I'll take another look on my end, but I might come back and ask you for an RDK of a sample form that recreates the issue.