Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Edittable Font and Point Size

I’ve been using the SRP Edittable control for a long time now in my custom apps and products. Only recently do I have an issue with a client using our product. It seems some of the data and column headings have a point size different than the default. The text is larger than can fit and gets cut off on the bottom of the text. I am not currently setting any custom font styles for this control or forms and have in running fine on Windows XP and Windows 7. This only happens with some users, not all, and only within the Edit table and not Textboxes...

Comments

• Hi Phil,

This is a good question. This issue is one that occasionally comes up but it is not well publicized. In short, the problem is that your client's system has the default system font set to a size which is larger than normal. All SRP controls that support fonts are system (theme) compliant. Thus, the default system font will be used in SRP controls unless otherwise specified by the appropriate font property.

OpenInsight, on the other hand, hardcodes the font setting in the form template. This forces the font to appear the same under any theme. This has advantages and disadvantages. The net result, however, is that workstations with different default font settings will cause the SRP controls to stand out. My understanding is that OI v10 will actually support system settings, which is technically the way it should work.