Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Horizontal Scolling issue

edited January 2016 in SRP EditTable Control
With some tables, the horizontal scroll bar stops at the far right, when there is one, or more, even 3 or 4 additional columns available.

I have turned off the ScrollStep and the FreezePos properties but this has no effect.
There are a number of hidden columns, which may be impacting perhaps.

Please advise if there any known issues.

Comments

• Further to this, as I think it is related.
    I set the scroll step to 4.
    When I have quite a few columns and the scroll bar in place, when I click onthe last couple of columns eg 8 or 10 visible (out of 20), the screen scrolls a column or two to the left. Clicking again on the same cell scrolls a bit more, and again etc until all columns have move out to the left.

The scroll bar allows them to all be visible again.

I suspect once the initial issue is resolved this would be too, but I note here for verification in due course.
    I have set the scroll step to the default 1 as an interim measure, which resolves this problem.

Colin
  • Colin,

I believe this is related to another problem that has been reported to us (by email, not on the forum). We are working on a fix for the 3.0.4 version of the SRP EditTable control. When we have this ready I would like to send you a release candidate to test with. Would you be willing to do that and give us feedback?
  • Absolutely
  • Any news on the scroll bar solution.
    We have an imminent release, and this is causing a problem.
    I have tried woith and without the freezepos, but still it does not scroll to the right.

Have a release to a major client in 3 weeks.
    If it wont work, I will have to see about a workaround with a manual scrollbar, which is less than ideal.
    Sorry to put pressure on.

Colin
  • I spent some time today trying to recreate this issue, but I'm not able to do so yet. Can you email me the code you use to initialize the edittable so I can mimic the same number of columns and as well as the columns that are hidden.