Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

VScroll event

The EditTable VScroll event seems to fire if you click (grab) the scrollbar handle, even if the EditTable is not scrolled. That is, the instant you click the handle, the event fires even if you change your mind and don't actually do any scrolling.

Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Don

Comments

• The VScroll event is fired every time windows sends a WM_VSCROLL message to the SRP EditTable Control. Unfortunately, that message is sent as soon as you grab the scrollbar. It's not impossible to add some logic to try and remove what amounts to one extra event, but I'm not entirely sure the costs outweigh the benefit. If the VSCROLL is used to sync other scroll bars, it shouldn't be a problem. However, I suppose there are scenarios where this becomes frustrating. What is happening in your case?
  • It's easy enough to program around if need be, and I agree that it's not an issue that requires any attention. It was more of a curiosity question than anything. Understanding why it happens helps.

Thanks for the explanation.

Don