Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Tooltip issue

I have a table with a Notes column.
I have set the ShowBalloonTooltip when you click on the cell.
The content is taken from the current cell and displayed in the tooltip.

The problem is the incorrect information displays if you click on another row, with the information from the original row showing still.

I have resolved by doing
- ShowBalloonTooltip
- HideBalloonTooltip
- ShowBalloonTooltip

I have checked that the correct info is being obtained.
Displaying this in the title shows the correct info, but within the text it is incorrect.
It seems it is remembering it, and perhaps more prevalent whilst you click on another row during the time the tooltip is still active.

Any thoughts.
Please advise if you need examples and screens.

Colin

Comments

• This is another known issue. The balloon tooltip I'm utilizing is the one built right into windows. I can tell you that I do not have any caching logic. I've debugged this many times, and I'm always passing the newest text before each display of the tooltip. As you have discovered, it appears that Windows designed the tooltip to require it to be destroyed and re-shown in order to correctly capture the latest text.

I'm adding an internal support ticket to keep track of this issue. I'll see if I can add the necessary works-around internally so end users don't have to do what you have done.
  • Hi Kevin

Any progress on this?

Colin
  • Not yet. My time is consumed with a lot of projects and this one (with several others) is waiting in the wings. Keep checking in though.