Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Dropdown combo

When you click on a dropdown combo, there is the little triangle visible on the bottom right, the one allowing you to resize for full text entry.

Is there any way to turn this off for combo dropdowns, as they are meaningless in some instances.

Colin

Comments

• Colin,

Perhaps I am missing something, but I don't see that triangle you are referring to. Can you post a screen shot? Also, what version/theme of Windows are you seeing this in?
  • Hi Don,

I think Colin may be referring to cells that have the CellMultilined property set. When in edit mode, these cells have a gripper in the bottom right corner that allows the cell to be stretched.

Don
  • I am using windows 8.1, but all cells include the little triangle gripper.

• Colin,

Thank you for the screen shot. That is most helpful. However, I don't see this in any of my apps so there must be something unique in the way your cell is configured. Is it possible, as Don Muskopf suggested, that you have the CellMultilined property set to True?
  • I think I have found it.
    I had not set CellMultiLined at all, so the default should be zero.
    I forced it to zero, but that made no effect.
    I did then notice that I had HeaderMultiLined as below
    Call Set_Property(OLE_TABLE,"OLE.HeaderMultilined[All;All]",1) This seems to have impacted on the cells as well.
    I changed to [All;1] and this resolved the issue with the triangle and with the invisibility of the selection, as other posting.

Colin
  • Colin,

Good hunting. Unless my colleague says otherwise, I would consider this to be a bug, but one that is somewhat understandable. You see, headers are really cells "under the hood" within the SRP EditTable. They just have different behavior and we created a different index mechanism so they can be referenced differently. I suspect the "All;All" is slipping through the cracks and getting applied to all cells, not just header cells.