Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OnHeaderClick event

The OnHeaderClick fires when I click at the top left header cell.
IT does not fire when I click on a column header or a row header.

Is this supposed to fire?
Is there any other way to pickup a click even on a header.

I am trying to use this to allow me to select multiple rows.

Colin

Comments

• I just tested this and I am getting the OnHeaderClick on every header cell. I'd have to see some of your code to discern where there might be a problem.
  • I found a screen which did work, so I compared the code and found the cause, the SelectionStyle property Call Set_Property(Control,"OLE.SelectionStyle",@VM:Cell_Colour:@FM:@FM:@FM:@FM:@FM:@FM:"Both":@FM:1 I had field 7 of the property set to "Both".
    This allows me to click on the header to select a row or column, but the OnHeaderClick event does not fire.
    I changed to "None" and the event then fires, but I would also like to have the ability to set the selected cell as a result.
  • I see. You're right: it's either or currently. I've added the request to our feature tracker, but it won't appear until the next release, which might be a while. For now, can you live with manually selecting the row when the user clicks on a header?
  • Yes, I have changed to that it allows selection, using "None"
    Works sell, I use it to select and highlight rows, then use Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Select All right-click options, and also click on top left cell to select/deselect, and it looks and feels just like Excel, or other similar tools.