Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Multi-line with tab character issues

I have a table with 5 rows, all set to Multi-lined.

If I add some text with CRLF and tab characters, they all display nicely.
I lose focus from the cell, and the tab characters do not display.

When the cell gets focus again it causes a SRP dialog to display.

Screen shot attached, note there are tabs after the colon on lines 2,3,4
Current screen has row 1-4 hidden on this view, showing row 5 only.

Comments

• Colin,

So we can determine if this is a new error introduced with the latest control or a pre-existing error, would you please confirm what version you are using? If this is the latest release, are you able to test with the prior release?
  • I am using 3.2.0 RC9
    Cant really go back to a previous version easily, but if it will help I can do so.
  • Colin,

That is a pre-release control. We just officially released 3.1.3. It would be very helpful if you could test with that version. It would be newer than 3.2.0 RC9 so it might have fixes your control does not have.
  • I have downloaded the latest 3.1.3 , register and tested, and the same issue exists

I also found on your forum the OleCallMethod(Obj,"GetProVersionNumber")
    I have added this to my About screen, and this confirms the 3.1.3 version.

Colin
  • Does it give you the SRP dialog consistently? I can recreate the tab rendering issue, but I can't get it to error out (which is essentially what happens when that dialog appears).
  • I was able to update the cell rendering logic to render the tab stops correctly, so that will be fixed in the next release. I still couldn't get the error box, so let me know if that's happening consistently and we can figure out how to replicate it on my end.
  • Kevin

I will forward the code via Email.
    I have managed to replicate it within a test form and will send the code and explanation.

Colin
  • Your code helped me resolve the issue. This will be fixed for next release.
  • Confirmed this is resolved in 3.1.4.RC1