Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Error message

V2.7
If there are no 'Last Documents' to load, the following error occurs

Comments

• Hi Barry,

Can you help me understand this better. What do you mean by "Last Documents"?
  • as per your terminology:

Reload Last Documents
    Getting back to work where you left off is now much easier. All of your open documents at the time you closed the SRP Editor are automatically re-opened the next time you launch it. Even the line number you were on is restored. How is that for convenience?
  • *to load = re-open
  • So you are saying that if you launch the SRP Editor with no prior documents having already been opened, you get the error message you posted?

Clearly if you are getting an error message from within the SRP Editor then there is a bug. However, I cannot replicate this error.

Does this happen for every application? For instance, if you open the SRP Editor from within SYSPROG and EXAMPLES, does the error occur? If you open a document (so you have a "last document"), close the SRP Editor, and go back in you don't see the error?

I'm just trying to isolate this further. I don't know how much testing you went through before reporting the problem, so I have to ask a lot of specific questions. Any other details you can provide would be helpful.
  • Did further testing and found it only happen if you launch from the IDE (/IDE) screen
  • Aha, I see this happening on my end as well. (For those who are monitoring this thread, Barry is referring to RTI_IDE_MDI.)

I am 99% positive this is a message being generated by the Revelation IDE acting upon SRP Editor. I suspect that the new Rev IDE assumes that any utilities it launches conform to a specific design that Revelation uses for their tools, and issues an event to the launched form accordingly. Since the SRP Editor doesn't have an event handler that the Rev IDE is expecting, the error message appears. I'm not sure, however, why pre-loaded documents prevent this from occurring.

Suffice to say, I don't think this is an issue with the SRP Editor itself so we'll close this out for now.
  • FYI, it didn't happen with the previous version of the editor.
  • We discovered the error is related to something the IDE is doing that is causing a false-positive error. I worked around it by setting Set_Status(0) at the end of the CREATE event of the SRP Editor. You can try a pre-release of 2.7.1 here if you like.
  • Tank you.
    What is the procedure for installing this.
  • Barry,

It's just a zipped up RDK. Unzip and use RDKInstall to load.
  • Ok, I see it is an RDKINSTALL
  • Yep, that works, thanks