Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

CellType "Combo"

I want to use the CellType property to make a column of cells work as a combo drop down, but I found two problems. The following command will make all cells in the whole table have a combo drop down.

Set_Property(OLECtrl, "OLE.CellType[ 1 ; All ]", TypeData.

If I change the field to "2" instead of "1" I will get none of the cells showing combo drop downs.

The second problem that I found was that when I set the attribute TypeData<2, 10> to True, it is supposed to make the combo drop down show immediately. The combo drop downs would not show in the first column, but would in all other columns.

I've made sure that all the data is @tm and @stm delimited properly just in case that was messing up the attributes, so as far as I can see there seems to be a bug. I am using version 3.0.7.

Comments

• I wanted to add that I find the same results when I set the CellType to "Option" also. All cells in the table get set to have an option button instead of the first column only.
  • I'd like to see more of your setup. Are you setting CellType before adding your other columns? If so, then the other columns are copying their attributes from the first column.
  • Oh..... That's embarrassing.... :-/

I slipped it into my setup gosub and didn't notice that I put it in front of the Dimension property.

Thanks!
  • I do still see the problem with the "show immediately" attribute only working on columns other than the first column.
  • The ShowImmediately attribute tells the cell that it should show the dropdown immediately when the cell enters into edit mode. If you cell is set to default to navigation mode, then it won't show until the user double-click or presses the assigned editmode shortcut. You can use the CellEditMode property to force the cell into editmode as soon as it gets focus.
  • Okay - got it. Thanks for walking me through it.