Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Redraw property

Using 3.0.7 and the redraw property is not working as I'd expected.

Regardless of how many times I set it to zero, the edittables are being drawn anyway, even if I never reset it to true.

Am I missing something?

I don't know if this is a new thing or if it never actually worked, I'm just now making lots of changes to a table and I'm seeing it display at different points of the initialisation.

Comments

• Mark,

The Redraw property does not apply to all changes that can occur in the EditTable control. While this may be unexpected, it is that way out of necessity due to the original design of the control. Whether or not you are discovering the limits of the Redraw property or you have discovered a legitimate bug won't be known until you provide us with specific changes you are making.
  • After further investigation, I think a more accurate description would be that certain properties force a redraw regardless and what also seems to be the case at the moment is that on those occasions where a particular property forces a redraw, not all the attributes of the table are necessarily drawn even though they may have been previously set.

An example?

When I set the autocolors property, the rows get coloured as defined.
    The redraw is still set to false.
    The headerrow is not displayed when the row colours change, yet the titlelist property was set with an earlier call to set_property, so it seems that the redraw is being obeyed in that case.

One trouble I have admittedly is that debugging and stepping through seems to be a little inconsistent in the timing of what draws when.
  • It seems we crossed over whilst posting.

Don, it's probably enough just to know that it doesn't apply to all changes.

It only now leaves me curious as to how I'm getting the final result without ever resetting the draw property to true.

Must be something in one of my last property settings. So for those changes that redraw regardless, do any of them reset the redraw property so that all settings become visible?