Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

CPU or memory issues with long text

Having some issues displaying text in a cell.
I have a test situation which uses what I have on a live form, and possible to change the amount of text to cause some severe issues.
This would make the system unusable, but luckily its still in development, and not yet released.

Please can you review and advise.

Colin

Code below,
Set table<2,6> to say 10 iterations, and all is well.
Set it to say 50 and things really start falling apart.
I will start removing lines to see if I can locate the cause, but I think it is just the display.

EQU DescClassRow TO 1 EQU DescMHRow TO 2 EQU DescSH1Row TO 3 EQU DescSH2Row TO 4 EQU DescSH3Row TO 5 EQU DescFDRow TO 6 text="generally; laid in bays ?; reinforced in excess of 5% " TABLE="" TABLE<1,1>="Class" TABLE<1,2>="MH" TABLE<1,3>="SH1" TABLE<1,4>="SH2" TABLE<1,5>="SH3" TABLE<1,6>="FD" TABLE<2,6>=str(text,15) OLE_DESCTABLE=@WINDOW:".DESC_TABLE" Qualifier=1:@FM:"2*ICEPAC*OLE*":OLE_DESCTABLE Call Send_Message(OLE_DESCTABLE,"QUALIFY_EVENT","ALL_OLES",Qualifier) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.Redraw",0) Call Send_Message(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DeleteColumns",1,2) Call Send_Message(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.InsertColumns",1,6) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.Array",TABLE) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.NewRowCount",0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.AllowDeletions",0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.AllowInserts",0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.ResetSelPos",0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.SelectionStyle",SelectionStyle) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.ScrollBarsVisible","A":@FM:"N") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.AutoNumbers","N":@FM:"N") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellColors[All;All]",CellColors) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.EditContextMenu",0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.TextRenderStyle","EditField") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.SuppressMouseMoveEvent",1) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellMultilined[All;All]",1) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.HeaderColumn[1]",0:@FM:0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.HeaderRow[1]",0:@FM:0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellEditMode[2;All]","E":@FM:"I") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellAlignment[1;All]","T":@FM:"C":@FM:"") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellAlignment[2;All]","T":@FM:"L":@FM:"") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellAlignment[3;All]","T":@FM:"L":@FM:"") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellAlignment[4;All]","T":@FM:"L":@FM:"") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellAlignment[5;All]","T":@FM:"L":@FM:"") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellAlignment[6;All]","T":@FM:"L":@FM:"") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellAlignment[7;All]","T":@FM:"L":@FM:"") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataColumn[1]", 50:@FM:1:@FM:1:@FM:0:@FM:0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataColumn[2]",100:@FM:1:@FM:1:@FM:0:@FM:0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataColumn[3]",100:@FM:1:@FM:1:@FM:0:@FM:0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataColumn[4]",100:@FM:1:@FM:1:@FM:0:@FM:0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataColumn[5]",100:@FM:1:@FM:1:@FM:0:@FM:0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataColumn[6]",100:@FM:1:@FM:1:@FM:1:@FM:0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataColumn[7]",100:@FM:1:@FM:1:@FM:1:@FM:0) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataRow[1]",30:@FM:1:@FM:0:@FM:0:@FM) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataRow[2]",50:@FM:1:@FM:0:@FM:0:@FM) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataRow[3]",50:@FM:1:@FM:0:@FM:0:@FM) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataRow[4]",50:@FM:1:@FM:0:@FM:0:@FM) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataRow[5]",50:@FM:1:@FM:0:@FM:0:@FM) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.DataRow[6]",50:@FM:1:@FM:1:@FM:1:@FM) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellProtection[1;All]","SEL") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellProtection[2;1]","SEL") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellType[1;All]","PUB") Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellPadding[1;All]",5:@FM:5:@FM:5:@FM:5) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellMerge[2;1]",6:@FM:1) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellMerge[2;2]",6:@FM:1) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellMerge[2;3]",6:@FM:1) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellMerge[2;4]",6:@FM:1) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellMerge[2;5]",6:@FM:1) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.CellMerge[2;6]",6:@FM:1) Call Set_Property(OLE_DESCTABLE,"OLE.Redraw",1) RETURN 0

Comments

• Seems to relate to the number of columns used, and the merging of columns.
    Setting it to 2 columns resolves, back to 6 and it reappears.

Colin
  • Can you elaborate on what you mean by severe issues? I can affirm that the more text I put in there the more things slow down, but I haven't experienced a show stopping crash or anything.
  • If I use say 10, it works fine, the row heights are set and you can move around the table.
    If U use 50, then the row heights fail to materialise, as well as the column merging (if enabled), and it takes about 30 secs t see anything, then moving around or clicking takes another 30 seconds.