Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OnComboClick and button parameter

Is there likely to be support for a button parameter for those controls that have an OnComboClick or something similar event?

Events on different controls like the OnClick, OnItemClick, OnBalloonClick and perhaps others all have a button parameter to let us know when the user has performed a left or right click.
Comboboxes within an edittable or via the subclass control don't seem to have this feature.

Are they likely to get it?

Why?

I don't know yet but just asking.

Comments

• If you are merely asking if this has been discussed internally or perhaps on the drawing board, then the answer is "no". In that regard, the likelihood (as best as I can predict at this point in time) is minimal.

Perhaps when you can answer the "why" question with some good rationale then this might alter the prospects more favorably.
  • :) I asked because it had been discussed internally, however briefly, on this end. Knowing that I had seen it on some events, I mistakenly thought it was on all 'click' type events until I checked just now.

As for a "why", here's one possibility.
    I am using a subclassed combo to select values which are keys/records to some other table. I may while reviewing the dropdown list, decide that I want to view/edit/drill down into one of those records. A right click on the list may permit me to launch another dialog prefabbed with the selected record.

So primarily, the combo is for selection as expected but with the added possibility of editing on the fly if you get my meaning.
  • Yep, I get your meaning. I am inclined to think that this still won't be a high priority enhancement for us unless it is such low-hanging fruit that it gets pushed out with our next update in the midst of other features we are working on. If it becomes a real requirement for an application then you can come back and make this a formal request.
  • Fair assessment.
    At least now it's out there, someone might notice the fruit they might have otherwise dismissed because it was hanging around their knees.