Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

ServerName Property Not Set

In OI 9.4 Has anyone experienced an issue with the ServerName property not being set when accessed from an engine running through the SocketServer? I run the engines in debug mode so they are visible and I can see the engine name but the property is empty when accessed through code. If the GetCommandLine() call is used it returns an /S argument which is the same as the engine name displayed in the engine info window, but this doesn't appear to be the same value as /SN which would normally be returned with Get_Property ServerName.

Has anyone else experienced a missing servername property? Should I just parse the GetCommandLine results of the /S argument if ServerName is empty?

Comments

• I had not tried the SERVERNAME property from an engine running through the SocketServer but interestingly enough I had plans to do so shortly for a project I'm working on. So your question prompted me to test this out for myself.

I can confirm the issue you are seeing. However, upon reflection, this actually makes sense. I believe the SYSTEM object is a Presentation Server object, and thus any headless engine will not have access to it.

I believe your use of having the GetCommandLine WinAPI returning the /S argument is your best bet to get the name of the engine.