Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP Controls crashing

Hi

Have a problem on a Server 2011 SBS and workstations (using Windows XP)

Whenever I open the program with a window using any SRPControls it will STOP the program.
When I try to just run the SRP_ActiveX_info I am only getting a white screen. (Server.png)
When remove in the create event any references to the controls the window will work.

On the Workstations we are getting either a message (Evaluation Version) or the program stops. (workstation.png)

I can use any older SRPControls, it does not make any difference. (SRPControls.png)
Can a MALWARE be responsible for the Crash.

Thanks for your help

Anton

Comments

• You say you can use any older SRPControls.ocx? What version are you using now that breaks? What older version works?

I can't offer much advice from a software perspective because this looks suspiciously like an IT issue. Minimally, there needs to be more IT troubleshooting before I can make any sort of useful assessment from here. It could be malware like you suggested, but it could also be network configuration related. Are the rights to the files correct? Is there anti-malware software blocking things? Is the registry being locked down by other software?

The white SRP_Active_Info screen is especially troubling. That is just a .NET window. If that can't display, then is even .NET being blocked or corrupted?

That's all I can offer right now until you can discover more information.
  • Hi Kevin

We are using the 4.0.0.9 SRPControl. I believe it is a Server Problem, but the interesting part it is not working on the server and on the Workstations. Server and Workstations are behaving different as well. Where one PC is complete locking up where other PC's just show the massage it is not a valid ........
    Will have a talk to IT again and see what we can find. I thought you may have had this problem with some other customers. Will let you know if we can find the issue.

Thanks Anton
  • Hi Kevin

We have now on two servers SBS2011 problem using the SRP_Controls.
    In the moment we have to remove the OLE controls to be able to run the program.

We have ask the IT to check the Server and he tested the .NET frame work and it comes back with OK.
    When we only running the SRP_ActiveX_Info.exe no information is displayed (white empty screen) and we have to use the task manager to kill the program. We have no problems with the SRP_Controls running Server 2008R2 or 2012R2 server.

The two servers are currently running SBS 2011 Standard 64bit with service Pack 1.
    Not sure what I can do??

Thanks Anton

• FWIW, SRP_ActiveX_Info used to crash on my machine too. There wasn't any noticeable difference between my Windows 8.1 PC and others in the office, and turning off Windows Defender and reinstalling the .NET components made no difference. I've since upgraded to Windows 10 and no longer have a problem with it.

Cheers, M@
  • edited March 2016
    I did some research online, and the blank screen issue has happened to others. Ask your IT department to try the following fix:
    Delete the FontCache3.0.0.0.dat file located (in Windows 7 64-bit) at C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\
    If you are interested in where I found this solution, go here. Let me know if it works or not.

This is only a fix for SRP_ActiveX_Info.exe. I still don't have enough information to know why SRPControls.ocx is just crashing. The latest build is here if you want to give it a try.
  • Hi Kevin

Have updated to the New SRPControls V4.0.1 RC3 and it is working for both SBS 2011 Servers. Can add the controls again and it is working. Thanks

the old version was 4.0.0.9 what I have replaced.

Thanks Anton
  • I'm glad that is working for you. If I had to guess why things were not working, it was probably due to the Ribbon control. It would explain why it was crashing for you but not for others, since the control is not widely used yet. I've been polishing it up lately with all the FrameWorks work I've been doing.

Are you still having issues with SRP_ActiveX_Info.exe?
  • Hi Kevin

the SRP_ActiveX_Info,exe is working!!.
    Once I could see the info I was sure the rest will working

Thanks Anton

• Well, then. I'm glad we're out of the woods. Let me know if anything changes.
  • This was a close call....