Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Error 500 - Unable to open xxxxx table

Am I incorrect in my thinking that those tables in the dbt should be attached when the oecgi kicks off the engine?
It is starting in the correct application but it can't open the tables.

Comments

• Mark,

You are not incorrect (long way of saying you are correct).

Are you sure your OECGI configuration is opening the correct application associated with the DBT file?
  • Yes it is.
    I copied and renamed the http_mccp controller into the desired app and threw in a debug and debugged
  • Mark,

I'm not sure I follow you on what you did with HTTP_MCP or what you hoped this would accomplish. That is to say, I am rather confident this is not an issue with the HTTP Framework but rather something to do with your OI/OECGI/OESocketServer configuration.

How are you launching the Socket Server? Is this from a command line or did you install the service? Is it possible that the way your engines are being launched might not see the datatables, perhaps due to a path or permissions issue?
  • Don,

What I did with the controller routine was to simply save a copy in our app that inherits from frameworks.
    The initial intent was to copy all the routines up so I could hack them as much as I want and not lose the originals.
    Not trying to accomplish too much by that except to give myself a fallback position.
    So far as renaming it, I just added a prefix and that is the routine that the oecgi calls. It's an added assurance that the right app is being started.

Agreed, it's probably got nothing to do with the HTTP Framework so this is probably the wrong forum category but that's what I'm playing with and still testing my grasp of all the concepts. Besides, not to blow smoke up anyone's proverbial but I find I get better responses here than on the Rev board especially when my head is a little vague on what I'm asking.

Launching the socket server via the command line.
    Not sure why there would be an issue with not seeing the tables.
  • did you double check that the socket server script has the right and same path to your OI Application that you are expecting?
  • Hold the thought. Looks like it's probably just me.
    I'll confirm and then verify
  • Verified.

Turns out the dbt doesn't contain the tables I thought it did.
    If I try and read from a table that is attached, amazingly it opens.

Now I just need to figure out when and how to attach the correct tables.

See I knew this was the right place to clarify my understanding.