Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Show end of text instead of start

If I have text that's too long to fit within a cell, is there a way to set the cell or column or table to show the end (rightmost) part of the text instead of the start of the text without me manipulating the text itself?

It makes sense generally to show from the left and add the ellipsis but in this case the text refers to a path\filename and I'd prefer to have the filename on display rather than the beginning of the path which in many cases will be the same.

I can do it with smoke and mirrors and hidden columns etc but was just wondering if there was a flag somewhere I had overlooked.

Comments

• Mark,

No, nothing available for you. However, for what it is worth, if you are going to go the route of "smoke and mirrors", you may want to see if the FitToEditline service might be useful.
  • Yes and no.

It didn't help in this case as I will still use the edittable and have already implemented the smoke and mirrors anyway.

So why Yes?

I thought I had read something like that somewhere which prompted me to ask the question in the first place, so you've answered that mystery for me.
  • Mark,

I assumed the first part of your response. I thought, perhaps, your your existing technique only displayed the trailing portion of the path rather than both the opening and trailing portions. Hence, the service would be useful to create a more visually appealing reformatted path.