Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

GET_PRINTER("DEVICES")

Hello Don,
GET_PRINTER("DEVICES") always gave me the printer list in the windows 7 , but when I try it the VMware client session and it return blank value. I registered vsprint7.ocx and vspdf.ocx. Do you know what ocx I missed or how to get the printer list in VMWare?
Thank you so much.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Hi Danh,

I am not familiar enough with VMWare sessions to know if this should be an expected problem or not. I know that this works fine in Citrix and 2X, so I would expect it to work fine in VMWare as well. I guess I have a few questions for you:
    1. Are you seeing printers installed in the VMWare client?
    2. Are you sure one of the printers is configured as the "default" printer? (Not having a default printer will cause OIPI commands to fail.)
    3. Have you been able to do a simple OIPI report preview test? This would at least confirm whether or not your OCX files are properly registered.
    4. You said you did register VSPrint7.ocx and VSPDF.ocx, but did you do this using the "Run as administrator" option and did you register them to the local client rather than the network drive?

One way I like to test OIPI functionality is to run the Table Builder and the Print Preview a dictionary. Then try to do the Print Setup and see if it lists printers for you.

Hopefully that will get you on the right path.
  • Good morning, Don
    Thanks a lot for your helpful opinion.
    My user role in the vmware session was not the local admin and all the ocx files were not registered.
    Now it works as expected when my role is changed to local admin.
    Thanks.