Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Editable row buttons removal

I want to set an OI edittable as multi row select but not have the row buttons show.
Just allow the rows to be selected like in a popup.

I have this, where I get the multi select but row buttons are still there (not on runtime form), appear that DTS_MULTIROW$ auto creates them.

call SetStyle(@Window:".ITEMS_TABLE", DTS_MULTIROW$ )
call ClearStyle(@Window:".ITEMS_TABLE", DTS_ROWBUTTONS$ )

Comments

• Barry,

I was not ignoring your post on the Revelation forum. I have been rather occupied with other project work.

If your intent is to emulate the OI Popup, then why not use the same logic POPUP_SUB uses? You should have an old copy of this in your system. From what I can tell, some styles cannot be set at runtime and have to be established when the control is created. Perhaps that is the source of your problem. POPUP_SUB destroys and then creates the edit table control.
  • Sorry, I wasn't meaning to direct it to you as I know others monitor this forum too.

I looked at popup_sub, it did my head in
    I couldn't quite see how they were removing the buttons.
    I will have another look and take into account the destroy.

I will also look at using the srp edittable, I have some code I can copy to fasttrack it.
  • Sorry, I wasn't meaning to direct it to you as I know others monitor this forum too.

I looked at popup_sub, it did my head in
    I couldn't quite see how they were removing the buttons.
    I will have another look and take into account the destroy.

I will also look at using the srp edittable, I have some code I can copy to fasttrack it.
  • Barry,

I didn't mean to imply you were directing the question at me. I just figured that it would seem more than a coincidence that I failed to respond to your two posts on the Revelation forum and then I give you an answer within minutes of you cross-posting here. I was actually looking into your question just before you posted the question on our forum.

Regarding cross-posting, we have no issues with that. You are absolutely correct in that others monitor this forum (or, perhaps, only see this forum).
  • If I want to CREATE an object from an existing object with amendments, how do i get the existing control's object details.
  • Ah, i think it must be ORIG_STRUCT
  • Barry,

Yes, that is correct. See if you have a copy of the Test_New_ET_Styles function. That might be useful to you as well.
  • Giving up on that, cant get to work - no buttons but no multiselect.
  • Don,

Will the srp edittable show highlighted rows when selected
  • Barry,

If you are asking if the SRP EditTable supports multi-select, the answer is no. You can, however, simulate it by simply setting the selected row's color as a response to an OnClick event. You can also use the same event handler to track the rows "selected" in a UDP or something.