Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

goto label

Since the 2nd version of 2.8 (build 7/22/16), the goto source is not working for gosub labels.
I am sure it was working in the 1st version release.

Comments

• Barry,

Please document how you are using the feature. Are you using the combobox in the SRP Editor toolbar? Are you using F12? Does it fail to work in all cases or does it seem to be unique to a specific label? FWIW, it is working fine for me on all accounts.

• on the line

gosub MyLabel

I highlight MyLabel then F12 or right+click and select goto source and nothing happens

Combobox list selection is fine.

Appears to be all cases
  • Barry,

Can you email me your stored procedure? Maybe your code is formatted in a way that is creating a parsing problem for the SRP Editor.
  • I tried it using SRP_EditTable_Manager, same result

Tried changing the style.
    I am using 'plastic code wrap'

here are my options setting for formatting
  • edited July 2016
    F12 goto internal subroutine does not work for me either. The combo box list does work. I'm still on rc3 - I'm being blonde...I can't find the link to download v2.8. Can you post the link here please.
  • Ok, found how to download v2.8. had to go to products.srpcs.com

Why isn't there a link on www.srpsc.com to your products site and the wiki site?
  • David, I have to agree with you. I find it very confusing at times(which is not hard to do)
  • Now that I have downloaded the v2.8 and installed the F12 goto works for internal subroutines as well.

Barry, try downloading again as it may fix it.
  • No, still no good.
    No biggy, must be a PC/Setup/Options thingy. The other stuff works.
  • Tried installing on laptop, same problem.

I see that there is a message displayed in the status bar
  • OK, this works:

On BranchFound GoSub OLE,Changed,Click,Create,Delete,Gotfocus,Lostfocus,DropDown,Read,Write,Vscroll

This does not:

case cp="APPLY_BUTTON"
    gosub ClickApplyButton
  • Why isn't there a link on www.srpsc.com to your products site and the wiki site?
    Because that site is not meant for the Revelation community. We separated our corporate website from our Revelation community site(s) a long time ago. For all intent and purposes, wiki.srpcs.com is our "home" page for the Revelation community. The reason for this is so we could target enterprise clients as a solution provider rather than a Revelation shop. I'm sure you can appreciate the our rationale for that. :)
  • Ok, but where is the link from the wiki to the product download page? Can't find it on the editor page of the wiki

https://wiki.srpcs.com/display/Editor/SRP+Editor
  • Barry,

Have you confirmed that "ClickApplyButton" appears in the dropdown at the top? This is a good way of verifying whether or not the SRP Editor sees the label at all.
  • David,

There was indeed an error on that page. The "Product Information" link below "SPACE SHORTCUTS" should have taken you there. Now it does.
  • Have you confirmed that "ClickApplyButton" appears in the dropdown at the top? This is a good way of verifying whether or not the SRP Editor sees the label at all.
    Kevin,

Yes it does
  • I tried in a copy of OI that was not updated on my PC and I still have the same problem, so, the only thing I can think of is that it might be something in my options setting.
    Can you try using mine, attached.
    Wont allow me to attach, I will email to Don.
  • Barry,

Don't email to me. Email it to support@srpcs.com.
  • To Barry and others following this thread:

Barry was kind enough to send us his system which we installed and tested. Everything continued to work as expected on our end. So, my last correspondence to Barry was that we were not sure what the problem was and were still thinking about how to move this forward.

This morning I stumbled into Barry's problem while working on a client project. It was that experience that finally connected the dots for me. This led to the moral of the day: read what the reporter is telling me a little more carefully next time.

You see, on more than one occasion Barry used the term "highlight". I simply overlooked (i.e., ignored) that word since that was not the way I identify the label I want to go to. However, that ended up being the secret ingredient. I have confirmed that if the label is selected (aka "highlighted"), then the goto label feature doesn't work. Barry, please confirm by clicking into the label without selecting any text and then test the goto label feature.

Suffice to say that we have fixed this and it will be in the next release of the SRP Editor.
  • That works, thanks
    Also my fault for not reading the instructions carefully. Dont know where I got the idea that dbl+clk will goto.
    Actually dbl+clk then right+clk goto source works also for labels.
  • FYI:
    dbl+clk (highlited) F12 actually works on this line

On Pos GoSub OMNIEVENT,CREATE, OLE, SelChanged, OnClick, CHANGED.COB_BUTTON_STYLES, OnHeaderHyperClick, OnOptionClick, PosChanged, BeforeUpdate, AfterUpdate, BeforeNewRecords,CLOSE,CHANGED