Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Hidden Column

Hello,

I am setting the visible property for a column in an edit table to false. Based on user input, I set the value of the hidden cells to a key value to another table.

When the column is hidden, it doesn't seem to accept the text I am placing in the cells. When I make the column visible, the cells accept the text.

I can leave the column visible but I'm trying to make room on the screen.

Is there a property I'm missing that needs to be configured in addition to the visible property?

Thanks,
Charlie Engler

Comments

• Charlie,

How are you making the column invisible? How are you populating the text of the cells?
  • Hi, Don.

I'm using "OLE.DataColumn" and set the Visible attribute to False for the specific column. I use "OLE.CellText" to add the text to the cell.
  • Hi Charlie,

This should work, so this leads me to a few more questions:
    • Are you sure you have the hidden column created?
    • Does the column exist (appear) if you do not set Visible attribute of the DataColumn property to 0?
    • What is the format of your CellText statement?
    • Have you actually tested to see if this works if the column is visible?
  • Don,

Checked everything you mentioned and all the code looked good.

I decided to delete the Sysreposeventexes row pertaining to this event and recompile (User created event.) It's working now.

Charlie

• Charlie,

So was the code running at all or was it running older code? I presumed you had tried to debug this at some point. Did the debugger come up?
  • This has been an occasional problem for me in OI9.4. It doesn't matter what event I'm in or what window I'm in, etc. From time to time, an event just doesn't compile properly. No debugger popping up, no error. The event just will not function properly or function as a previous version. It's like it gets stuck and will not update. Once I manually delete the event and then recompile the window, all is fine.

It doesn't seem to be specific to any one control, either. It just happens.

I need to get better at checking for this problem before asking for assistance :-(

I also experience a good number of OI9.4 developer crashes, almost every day. I've performed a clean install of Windows and OI but the problem persists. The crash always, without exception, happens in the form designer and never the system editor.

I'm in a standard Windows environment...Windows network...Windows desktop (happened in Windows 7, 8 and now 10.)

When I get our new manufacturing app running live, I'll have some time to troubleshoot. But for now, a deadline looms large.

Charlie
  • Charlie,

Obvious your event handlers should work, but I'm curious if you considered moving your event handler logic out of event scripts and into a commuter module. I think you'll have much better success and you'll be more productive.
  • The crash always, without exception, happens in the form designer
    Is DEP disabled
    Is this an old form, - i.e. has the stylesheet reference been removed
  • DEP is turned on for all programs and all the forms are newly created in OI9.4.