Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP SetSysColorChange

Am wondering if I just do have not this correctly, but trying to use SetSysColorChange, installed the SRP Utilities v1.5.7, as went well as I understood. Simple NDW_LOGIN form created in application account, added to CREATE event "SRP_SysColorChange('NDW_LOGIN')", ran the form and get "program not found". Checked SYSPROG, the SSP executable is in the repository, but get debugger with "error loading program". I used the example online in the help and from the documentation of SRP Utilities (aka Freeware?). Win7 PRO 64bit, OI v9.4. Has to be something simple, but cannot locate it. Thanks,

Comments

• and if you change to:

SRP_Set_SysColorChange('NDW_LOGIN')
  • I suspect Barry is correct. Looks like you are just typing the name of the procedure incorrectly.
  • Yep, that did it, thank you. I have a 27" monitor for primary development, I have zoom in on text size, but late night sometimes still does not catch my typo(s). Have you ever just looked a line of code, its not working, but just keep looking at it and can't see the issue. Thanks, again.
  • Don,

I think confusion could arise in the documentation then,

* Force this window to update its system colors
    SRP_SysColorChange(@Window)

Funny thing though, both SRP_SysColorChange and SRP_Set_SysColorChange seemed to run ok for me in a call test.
  • Barry,

Fair point. This is the first that the wiki inconsistency has been brought to my attention. I have updated the wiki. But, you are correct, both versions do exist and I think they are both the same code but it was renamed in a later release. I inspected the object code and the "official" one is three years newer.
  • Thank you, I am sure that was it, as I was using the documentation and did a cut/paste into the code and probably should have looked closer. I had just updated to SRP Editor v2.8 and was thinking I had done something wrong. I like the SRP Utility option to install with the Editor, but suspected something went wrong as I did get a funny error when doing the v2.8 w/Utilities error message (SRP not responding in the title bar) - again, late night and got confused. I did try to get a screenshot of the error message, but it disappear after a few seconds. Thank you.