Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

v2.8/Win 7 PRO/OI v9.4

edited August 2016 in SRP Editor
If I save an SSP with "save as", give it a different name, i.e. saving a backup of original code before making a risky change, I close the SSP after saving via the "X" in the system menu (in the upper right corner of the Editor), Cntr-O to open the SSP, but the dialogbox no longer displays my SSPs, only shows the "save as" copies I made; if I click the "refresh" pb, yes they re-display; is this intended behavior? Regards.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    This appears to me that the Open Stored Procedure dialog had not previously been refreshed when you performed the Save As operation. If that is the case, this is known behavior, but I won't claim it as desired behavior.

Try this and let me know what you experience:
    • Launch the SRP Editor from a cold start.
    • Use Ctrl+O to bring up the Open Stored Procedure dialog.
    • Make sure the list of stored procedures populates.
    • Pick a stored procedure you wish to Save As (or, if the stored procedure is already open, close the dialog and bring that stored procedure into view).
    • Perform the Save As process as you normally would.
    • Use Ctrl+O to bring up the Open Stored Procedure dialog again.

In this scenario, do you see all of the routines displayed as you would expect?
  • edited August 2016
    Yes and no. If started from a cold boot and SSP in dialog box exists and I "save as", "close" and then "open, ctrl-O", the SSP list only shows the "saved as" in the list. If I follow your instructions above exactly AND when opening SRPEditor, there is no existing SSP in the dialogbox (as I made have closed before closing SRP editor), the SSP list is accurate. I hope that makes sense. It appears to occur if cold boot of Editor, but views last SSP I was working on, and then I do the "save as".
  • Hmmm...I'm not quite following you but that is not important. Just to help explain the behavior, the SRP Editor caches the list for performance purposes. When a new stored procedure is created - which happens when you perform a Save As - then the new procedure should be inserted into the list. If the list was never generated (which is what I believe happened in your first situation), then it gets inserted into a blank list and therefore you only see the routines you recently touched. If you populated the list prior to the Save As, it should display everything. Perhaps there are some situations where this doesn't behave perfectly but at least you now know what is the intended behavior.
  • edited August 2016
    If I follow these steps:
    • Run OI
    • Open SRP Editor
    • Ctrl+O
    • Choose TEST and press Enter to open
    • Do Save As...
    • Enter TEST_RENAME and save
    • Close SRP Editor
    • Close OI
    • Run OI
    • Open SRP Editor
    • Ctrl+O

Both stored procedures appear. Moreover, procedure lists are not cached between sessions. So, every time SRP Editor is started, it gets all the stored procedures using Get_Repos_Entities (this is Revelation's routine). So, I'm not sure why you are getting this behavior unless there is a critical detail I am missing.