Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Patch with SRP HTTP Framework

Is the PATCH HTTP request supported by the SRP HTTP Framework? If so, where can I call it from? If not, are there any plans to add support for PATCH?

Thanks

Comments

• All HTTP methods should be supported in principle. By that I mean that the SRP HTTP Framework will take any method that comes through, but your web server might not support all methods. PATCH is not (yet) formally adopted into the HTTP RFC so I know that older web servers won't allow it. If the web server supports PATCH, then this method will come into the SRP HTTP Framework and your code can support it as you see fit (although we would hope that you would support it as intended).

You won't find any existing web service routines that are capturing PATCH, but you should be able to adapt any web service to capture PATCH quite easily. Just follow the pattern and add PATCH as another method. Let me know if you still need help with this.