Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Invalid Application "SYSPROG"...uh how?!

OI 8.0.7, trying to install srp utilities on one of my older versions for testing but wont work as per attached screenshot for some reason?! suggestions/help??

Comments

• Admittedly, "Invalid Application" is the worst possible description I could have come up with when I wrote the RDK plugin eons ago. It really should say, "Failed to Start Engine." What's happening is the CreateEngine API call is failing; it can't start oengine.exe. There are a couple reasons this might happen: an unusual directory structure such that the API can't see it, the user count has been exceeded, an external application (such as anti-virus) is preventing execution, etc.
  • There have been cases in the past where we have had to provide customers with a replacement oengine.dll . We would tell them to first rename oengine.dll to something else before copying in the new file. Unfortunately some of them renamed oengine.exe instead of or as well as oengine.dll! (usually due to hidden file extensions). But because Oinsight doesn't use oengine.exe directly, this error wouldn't become apparent until applying some RDK - which would produce a similar failure message.