Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

editor completion

love the new editor completions, BUT, i use UPPERCASE BASIC mixed with lower_case variables

I want to either TURN off your completions, coz i've been on my own for so long, that now the editor is just getting in my way.
OR, how do i have your autocomplete uppercase its text?

Comments

• Check out the Customize tab in the Options dialog (Tools > Options menu). Is this what you are after?
  • Very familiar with that, but I don't see a new option:

Which new options / check box allows me to stop the editor auto-creating a 'end' when i write "IF x THEN"?
    or at least as i say making the 'end' an 'END'?
  • I have to ask...you are very familiar with what exactly? The Customize tab and the list of keywords is brand new. You asked how to "have [our] autocomplete uppercase its text". Isn't this an answer to your original request?
  • Customize tab / Uppercase All / Apply / OK
    exit
    Customize tab / Uppercase All / Apply / OK -> keywords are all SRP case...
  • It would be helpful if you wrote out your issue more explicitly. I find myself having to read between the lines, which is a chore.

That said, I think what you are trying to communicate is that you are expecting the changes in the Customize tab to automatically change your keywords in existing code. Is that correct? If so, that is not what it is intended to do. That would be way too intrusive. This is strictly a benefit to the autocomplete/smart indent feature.

If I still do not understand your issue then please elaborate.
  • ok, sorry about that, hate to be wordy, however, you're right

well, that's exactly what i'm expecting when i select uppercase all, that they all uppercase.

intrusive - you've made the editor 'intrude' upon me, by finishing my sentences and it's now causing me twice the work, by having to erase my 'END'.
    But, that's something that can be gotten used to.
    You've made a nice new feature, but it doesn't have an OPT OUT checkbox.

However, the menu says 'customizable', yet it's not. I thought this was the way to make the Basic+ keywords ALL CAPS.
    What is the actual result of selecting UpperCase all, if you don't uppercase my keywords when i type.

In the old version, and this new version, I have auto-complete off, because this is how i like to code.

I like my keywords uppercase, and there was some means to do it in previous versions where all the SRP editor would actually do was to Uppercase the text for display. Because, when i opened the same program in the OI editor, it was lowercase or the mixed case. So, in order to get over that, I would always write over the SRP.

However, I'm just asking to see if there is an option, and seeing that there isn't I'll just shut the ... up and get back to my coding.
  • V2.8 : Tools->options->General 'Autocomplete' select 'Enabled - Service Metadata Only'
  • cheers barry - the new editor is 2.9.1 and that option no longer exists in the dropdown.
  • note to self - dont upgrade - I HATE the autocomplete
  • In version 2.9.1, you can turn off Autocomplete on the General tab. Set it to Disabled to turn it off completely. Barry's suggestion of using "Enabled - Service MetadataOnly" is still possible, it was just renamed to "Enabled - Special Only". It's the least obtrusive autocomplete option.

As for the Customize tab, you might have stumbled upon a small bug. It appears that changes to the Customize tab do not save if your Autocomplete setting is not set to "Enabled - Everything". So, the current work around is to set the autocomplete to "Enabled - Everything", click Apply, and then make changes to the Customize tab.
  • If you are referring to the automatic "END" keyword you get after the IF statement, that is not called Autocomplete. That is called Smart Indent and can also be unchecked in the General tab.
  • Kevin -BEAUTIFUL!

I did say, i like the new features and with this kludge, you won't be hearing from me again (today).!

One more smallish item (for you next fix) :
    If 'return' is on the last line and I do a global replace to Uppercase RETURN, the last line won't uppercase, But if there is a blank last line, it changes.
  • Horses for courses.

I like the autocomplete.
  • Mark - Like you I am probably one of the minority developers who likes the autocomplete as well. However, we have always recognized that it is not everyone's cup of tea. It's unfortunate that some might not have upgraded due to a lack of having all the facts.