Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Window PAGE event

Is there any code around to control the PAGE event.

-Change the tab to match the page
-Dont PAGE to a disabled tab
-Find the next enabled tab forward of the disabled tab what was PAGEd to. If not stay where you are.

Comments

• Barry,

This all has to be managed in your BASIC+ code. The SRP Tab control itself is not "aware" of the form it is on in any special way to help automate this. So here are a few tips:
    • If you disable an SRP tab then of course it won't respond to the SelChanged event so you are okay there.
    • The PageDown/PageUp keys won't change pages so you are okay there.
    • Tabbing from control to control can pose a problem. You can trap the VSCROLL event handler and check to see if this is a page with a disabled tab. If so, move the focus to the next available control on a valid page.
    • Another technique to control the tab order is to use the NEXT and PREVIOUS property to control the tab navigation flow. It might even be a good idea to create closed loops on each page. That is, when the user loses focus on the last control of a page it will automatically go to the first control of the same page. Then the user can never change pages simply by tabbing.
  • The PageDown/PageUp keys won't change pages so you are okay there

They do, (why wouldn't they)
  • They don't change pages for me unless I am in the Form Designer. That's how it has always behaved for me. Are you saying that when you run a form the pages change?
  • PageUp and Page down always changes page on a multi page form when run
  • Well, I'm not sure what to tell you but if that is the case then you have some basic principles (ala LOSTFOCUS/GOTFOCUS/VSCROLL events) that should help you prevent unwanted behavior.
  • Ok, thanks

I have compiled the PAGE event with return 0 for the time being, to stop it paging.
    See if the users complain then I will worry about it.