Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

ctrl+c and ctrl+x not working

I am working with SRP Editor 2.4.1 on Windows 7. After a while, the ctrl+c and ctrl+x shortcuts stop working. This only happens in the editor, my other windows applications keep functioning as normal. Also the ctrl+v is still working in the edittable. Somehow the srp edit table doesn't copy to clipboard anymore.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I mean SRP editor where i say edit table of course :-)
  • That was a known issue with older versions of the SRP Editor. We believe it would happen when the Editor ++ was used in the same session. Your best bet is to upgrade since we re-engineered the SRP Editor to work around this. Contact us at sales@srpcs.com to review options.
  • Thank you for your reply. We upgraded the editor to version 2.9.1 yesterday, but the problem still exists. Is there another option that you know of?
  • If this is still a problem with v2.9.1 then this is something new. We have not experienced nor has anybody reported this issue for a long time. When the shortcuts begin to fail this way, does the right-click context menu cut/copy/paste feature still work? This will isolate whether the problem is in the shortcuts or in the cut/copy/paste capability.

BTW, what version of OI are you using?
  • Yes, copying from the context menu still works. And then CTRL+V works as well, so it's really the copy function that doesn't work anymore. I do think that the problems occurred more often in the previous editor.

The OI version is 9.4.0.
  • Since this is shortcut related it is hard to tell what might be going on. OI has been known to lose track of shortcuts, especially with MDI-based forms. We've documented this in the past in the Revelation bug tracker. Improvements have been made but issues still exist. Nevertheless, your problem is still an anomaly in the context of modern versions of the tool. Unless we can replicate the problem ourselves, I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. My suggestion at this point is to encourage you to look for patterns of activity on your part that seem to lead to the problem. If we can duplicate the issue then we have a good chance of fixing this.