Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OnButtonClick error

Morning.

Clicked on a button and this happened

Couldn't click on the buttons in that table anymore after that.
Any suggestions before I start digging?

Thanks

Comments

• Please confirm the version of SRPControls.ocx and OI.
  • 4.0.3 RC11
  • To ease the urgency, it did happen more than once but I can't replicate on demand.
    I was also already late in heading home so I just packed up and left.
    Have come back in this morning and it hasn't occurred again.

If it does, I'll look a little closer and keep you posted.
  • For what it is worth, that message box has been known to appear before and usually it's with the SRP EditTable control. Unfortunately, it doesn't offer us much by way of information (actually...nothing at all!). So, we really need a way of duplicating this in order to resolve the issue.

If you could continue to monitor the situation and keep us posted that would be great. Also, assuming you can figure out how to duplicate on demand, it might be helpful to know if the problem exists with the official 4.0.2 version of SRPControls.ocx.
  • edited November 2016
    Hi Don,
    Yep, didn't think it helped much.
    Was kind of hoping it might be a case of "oh that old chestnut"

Has happened repeatedly this morning. If I try and debug, doesn't happen.

The only extra I can add is I think it is only when the click of the edittable button is also the gotfocus of the edittable. If I click somewhere else within the edittable first then click the button, no problem.
    If I open the window, populate the table, then go straight away to click the button. Boom!
  • You said "if I try and debug, doesn't happen". However, if you don't try and debug, is it happening on a fairly consistent basis? If so, all we need is a way to reproduce the behavior and we can do the debugging on a low-level. That said, if we don't do this in the next day or two then we'll have to wait for a while because Kevin is going on vacation (or holiday as some blokes call it).
  • It is consistent now that I've discovered a pattern.
    Edittable where column 1 is of celltype button.

Click the button without doing anything else.

Problem is I've found other windows with a similar config and they don't have the issue.
    I will see if I can create a simple rdk with the same error and if so, send it on to support.