Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SYS1000: ERROR LOADING PROGRAM CREATE.WINDOW.OIWIN

I am receiving the following error message - SYS1000: ERROR LOADING PROGRAM '$$$AL*CREATE.WINDOW.OIWIN'.
'AL' is the application name; I have tried resetting from SYSPROG, but not working. I tried RTI's website, but no one in the office this weekend. I suspect an APPBACKUP I received from another developer that I installed into a new application, might have corrupted something. Would someone please give me an idea of how to fix, none of my forms work anymore. I would cringe thinking I have to re-install OI. Thanks!

Comments

• Attached is a copy of the error message I receive. TIA
  • That is a promoted event handler. OpenInsight thinks that your form (or forms) are supposed to execute this promoted event handler and thus it is crashing because it is missing from your environment. The best fix is to get this handler into your system, which means you will need to get it from the original application.
  • I could possibly be wrong, but I would suspect a promoted event did not come across.
    You might have to discuss with developer ways to get it and set it up.
    It could be in the sysprog and he may also have a copy_promoted_events routine to install it into the AL account.
    Sorry a bit sketchy, but if stuck, Don Bakke is more of a promoted events setup expert.
  • Yeah, I suspect the same issue, but the developer's code was not well written, missing some items and it seems to have corrupted my repository. I was looking for a way of removing the items from the repository so that it no longer thought it was there. I removed the form/source code but it seems to have just made everything worse. I tried rebuilds in SYSPROG and removing all that was brought in when the appbackup, but it seems to have bitten me. I did ask for a copy of the event - but he was not that fluent in OI. I did create a new application and put it into there, but it seems apparently hit all applications. I thought I was safe, bringing it into a different OI application but I think he was over-writing something in SYSPROG. I may be to delete the application and try restores from various checkouts, but data tables and dictionaries are challenging to bring back in. Thanks anyway.
  • If this was an AppBackup then you would have only received entities that are local to that application. Therefore, unless the original developer was working in SYSPROG, your SYSPROG application should not have any changes to it.

Perhaps you do not know this, but a form will only call a local promoted event handler that is missing from your system if the form itself thinks this is the first event handler in the chain. You can verify this by opening the SYSREPOSWINEXES record in the editor (easiest if you have access to the SRP Editor) and then Ctrl+E on the first line, navigate to <1,21>, and Ctrl+E again. Now you will see a list of all event handlers tied to the Window control. If you see an entry like CREATE*17*AL*CREATE.WINDOW.OIWIN* then that means the form is expecting to find AL*CREATE.WINDOW.OIWIN* in the SYSREPOSEVENTEXES table. Clearly it is missing in your system.

If this promoted event handler has logic that is important to the application then you will likely need to find a way to get it into your system. Otherwise, the forms might not behave properly. If you need to just get by, you can create your own promoted event handler that does nothing. At least this way the forms will run without crashing.