Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Record Locks

Hello all,

I know that RevSoft has recently released utilities for displaying and managing user record locks. The utilities (as advertized) are for OI 9.4. Does anyone know of anything similar for earlier OI versions; say OI 9.2?

Thanks in advance!

Michael Matthews

Comments

• I honestly can't say with 100% certainty, but I strongly believe that the same utility will work for OI 9.2 as long as you are using the same Universal Driver.
  • Hi Don,

Thanks for the help!

Well the plot thickens.. My client is running UD 4.7 and OI 9.2. I installed the RDK and tried to run. While loading the info in the form, I get an error msg: RTI_LH_INFO line 995. Illegal opcode 213.

Wonder if I bungled something or if it really doesn't run on anything before OI 9.4?

Thanks again,

Michael
  • Hmmm...if you are getting an illegal opcode error that suggests to me that they did engineer this for OI 9.4. It seems they are calling something built into the OI 9.4 engine that was not present in OI 9.2. Normally when they publicize something as being "9.4 only" it is really just a way of saying "9.x compatible". I guess they really mean it this time. :)
  • Thanks Don.. Is there s shortcut path to upgrading from OI 9.2 to 9.4, or do we need to do the incremental upgrades?
  • There is OI 9.1 to OI 9.3.2 all-in-one upgrade, but that will profit you little since you are already at 9.2. Furthermore, we have always counseled people away from the all-in-one upgrades. Anecdotally I have always had problems when relying upon them. I strongly suspect something is missing in each one. Therefore, we use the incremental route. In your case, the path would be 9.2 > 9.2.1 > 9.3 > 9.3.1 > 9.3.2 > 9.4. If you wanted, you could go all the way to 9.4.2 using the OI 9.4 v3 Roll-up patch.