Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Popup function

Does anyone know if there have been changes to the Popup function in OI 9.4? I have a client for which I've done all my development on my local pc using OI 9.3xxx. They installed 9.4 on their network. I did an Appbackup and restore. Now one of the techniques I'm using with the Popup function doesn't work anymore.

According to the online help, we're supposed to be able to build the clauses of a Select statement and pass in field 8 of a dummy popup record. OI should execute that in populating the popup. It works fine in OI 9.3; in 9.4, the popup doesn't execute at all now.

If that is no longer an option, I could do a select via Rlist and have the popup use the active list; but that doesn't seem to work now either.

Any words of wisdom, kind folk?

Comments

• I'm not aware of any changes and have never seen a popup fail from version to version. TBH, I have never passed in the select statement into the dummy popup record. I think I just perform the select myself in code and rely upon the popup to work with my active cursor.
  • So if I call Rlist, type 5, and it returns the select list, what should be the popup mode? I've tried both T and C and neither work.
  • Should be "C". Just curious, are you positive your select is working? Have you actually confirmed that it is producing an active cursor?
  • Yep.. @Reccount shows the number of records selected.

So field 10 should be C and 8 should be 0 (cursor #)?
  • Yes, that is how I understand it. Might help if you posted code.