Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Editting an Edittable cell

I have an edittable with a column with the combobox style. When something is picked from the dropdown, it's getting filled into the cell perfectly. However, once something has been picked, the user needs to be able to modify the contents. The cell seems to always be in overwrite mode.

I tried setting the style for the column to Editable, but that doesn't seem to do it?

What is the best way to toggle the column mode to editing, and possibly moving the cursor to the end of the text?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Have you tried pressing F4 and then End?
  • Don, that's precisely what I need to do, but it needs to be automatic. Can that be done programagically?
  • I don't know. The SRP EditTable can do this but I do not see any options from the Send_Message function that would allow this to happen. Of course, the docs aren't always complete so you might want to research the Revelation forums.
  • Hi guys,

Ok, my users can handle doing F4 and end on a given cell. But when they press F4, the "highlight" ends about 20 characters After the real end of the text, and they have to backspace to get to the end of the text.

When I stuff the cell text, I'm doing a Trim; but it's still putting the extra space at the end.

Any ideas how to avoid the extra space?

Thanks!
  • Can't help you on that one. That is the first I've heard of extra padding just appearing out of nowhere. Is this extra padding consistent? Does it matter what kind of data or how much data you are stuffing? What are you doing to stuff the data?
  • I'm stuffing it from an Options button.. just putting plain text into Array. I'm Trimming the text before putting it in Array. Once it's stuffed, if I F4, it shows extra spaces at the end; and if I hit End, the cursor goes to the end of the extra spaces. And yes, it seems the extra spaces are consistent.
  • TBH, something is not right. If all you are doing is that and you've crossed all your t's and dotted all your i's, then this is not normal. Based on my experience, I would be inclined to think this is code related.