Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Drag selection

I have a splitter 5 pixels wide.
When dragging, if you get the cursor right in the middle it works fine.
A pixel or two out, and the cursor still displays the move cursor but wont drag.
It makes it very difficult and not friendly to the user.

Any way of setting this to behave better?

Comments

• Can you supply your settings? I tried a 5-pixel wide splitter and it worked fine, but I wasn't using any borders.
  • Setup Splitters OLE

ColorFill = "Gradient(Blue L=75, Blue L=80), Border(Blue))" OLECtrlEntID=@window:".DIM_SPLITTER" Qualifier=1:@FM:"2*ICEPAC*OLE*":OLECtrlEntID Call Send_Message(OLECtrlEntID,"QUALIFY_EVENT","ALL_OLES",Qualifier) CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.Orientation","H") CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.TopMargin",420) CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.BottomMargin",100) CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.ShowGripper",1) CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.Border","X") CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.Background",ColorFill) CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.TrackFill","Black") CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.PriorityLevel",2) OLECtrlEntID=@Window:".PANE_SPLITTER" Qualifier=1:@FM:"2*ICEPAC*OLE*":OLECtrlEntID Call Send_Message(OLECtrlEntID,"QUALIFY_EVENT","ALL_OLES",Qualifier) CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.Orientation","V") CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.LeftMargin",200) CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.RightMargin",400) CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.ShowGripper",1) CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.Border","X") CALL Set_Property(OLECtrlEntID,"OLE.TrackFill","Black")
  • Any news on this.
    It is still a bit hit and miss if it drags or not.
    The splitter resize cursor shows when highlighted, but does not drag.
    Get it in just the right spot and it is OK.
  • This fell off my radar, so thanks for reminding me. The difference is that you use XP borders, which don't capture the mouse down. I'll work on a fix, but the workaround is to use borders via the Background ColorFill instead of the Border property.
  • SRP Controls 4.1.2 RC6 will correct this issue, even if you are using the Border property.
  • Thanks
    Seems much better.
    I will pass on the testing guys and advise if any issues.