Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Clean Array hangs OpenInsight

Command causes OI to hang when a field contains all @VMs

FOR I=1 TO 14
ITEM=SRP_Clean_Array(ITEM,@VM,"TRIM")
NEXT

Hangs on I=5

Comments

• So basically you are saying that this hangs when the string just contains delimiters? This should be easy enough to test and verify but if you wouldn't mind, please let me know what version number of SRP Utilities you are using and whether this is 32bit or 64bit.
  • 32bit on OI 9.4
    SRPUItilities DLL is 2.0.0.0 last modified 18.4.2018

• Actually, the SRP_Clean_Array function is deprecated although there wasn't a lot of fanfare used to announce this. I believe this was because the original routines still worked even though we introduced a newer and friendlier function call SRP_Array that has a method called Clean. I tried that syntax and it doesn't hang. Can you try that and see if it works?
  • edited April 2018

For i = 1 to 4
    Next i

For i = 6 to 14
    Next i
  • There's Mark...always cutting the Gordian knot in half.
  • Don

I tried this
    ITEM=SRP_Array("Clean",ITEM, "TrimTrailing",@VM)

Still caused the hang.
    Also tried just extracting one field and trimming that, still hung.
  • Mark

Not going to work, especially on row 14 which has loads of trailing @VMs
    There is an issue with why my data is like this, but not the point.
    I have a workaround loop/delete of trailing, based on field 1 being the master, which fixes, but not as quick as the SRP tool.
  • TrimTrailing hangs for me too. Previously I only tried Trim. We'll look into this and get back to you.
  • Sorry Colin,
    I was really just entertaining myself.
    Too much coffee today me thinks
  • You can download the updated 32-bit DLL, which is currently versioned at 2.0.1 RC1. It should fix it. You only need the DLL.
  • Also, you can use either SRP_Array("Clean") or SRP_Clean_Array. SRP_Array is just a bit more convenient in the SRP Editor, but it uses SRP_Clean_Array under the hood.
  • Where can I download the DLL only
    The download is the complete thing, and not clear to me if this is the RC version or not.
  • Colin, the link provided is just the DLL.
  • Ah, so it is
    Downloaded, will advise if any issues.