Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OpenEngine disappears when launching app in OI 8

When trying to debug app in OI8, when using the Launch App button, the OpenEngine Window disapears and will not come back. Is there a setting to keep the open engine window visible?

Comments

• in your shortcut command line /OE=1
  • This is not normal OI behavior so I suspect this is happening within your code. Look for FindWindow in a CREATE event handler. This is a Windows API that can get the handle to an object class which is then passed to another API to hide it.
  • Barry, did you mean /HE=1?
  • edited September 2018
    Yes & No. /HE=1 would meean you can see the engine and you dont want to. I thought /OE=1 (show the engine) was valid, but I see now that it is not.
  • Then I think you really mean /HE=0. This might be helpful:

https://wiki.srpcs.com/display/WhitePapers/OpenInsight+Command+Line+Parameters

However, since the engine only disappears when launching the app from the Launch App button, this tells me he is launching OI in development mode and the engine is already visible. Thus, something is hiding the engine at runtime.
  • Yes, I was thinking along those lines, because it is usual for the engine to show in run mode, because most of the code around (me included [in early versions]) was for to hide the engine.