Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OECGI4 - Mystery Port

Hello,

(Originally posted this on the revelation.com forum, but I am having issues with that site and am re-posting here)

I am currently setting up OECGI4 on Windows Server 2012 R2 and am experiencing a discrepancy between the ports specified and the port being returned by the OECGI4.exe

When navigating to the URL: http://absdev/o4w/oecgi4.exe/INET_TRACE
I receive the error: Unable to connect to Engine Server localhost:18088 - The attempt to connect was forcefully rejected.

Both the registry and the eserver.cfg file both contain port 8099 as the specified port, but it seems like I am getting a default(?) port returned from the OECGI4 application. Or perhaps there is some other configuration file out there that is overwriting my settings.

Has anyone experienced an issue similar to this in regards to a mystery port?

Based on the OECGI4.exe Quick Start Guide, I have confirmed the following three suggestions are fine:

1. Check that the OEngineServer is installed and running on your workstation.
2. Check the port number in the eserver.cfg file and ensure it matches the ServerPort setting in the OECGI4
registry settings.
3. You have entered the correct information for ServerURL in the OECGI4 registry settings. For our example,
you should have entered localhost.

The registry settings on the server are:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RevSoft\OECGI4]
"ApplicationName"="ISYS"
"EngineName"=""
"FileMode"="1"
"FilePath"=""
"OILocation"=""
"ProcedureName"="RUN_OECGI_REQUEST"
"ServerPort"="8099"
"ServerURL"="abs01"
"ShutdownFlags"="1"
"StartupFlags"="1"
"SysDownPage"=""
"UserName"="ISYS"
"UserPassword"=""

Comments

• Are you using the OECGI4.exe that was recently posted on revelation.com or an older version that was released prior to the public release? The older OECGI4.exe was 32-bit and on a 64-bit server the correct registry path would be:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\RevSoft\OECGI4

Whereas the correct registry path for a 64bit version of OECGI4.exe would be:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RevSoft\OECGI4

This may explain why your settings aren't getting picked up.

Another thing to keep in mind is the most specific settings apply. In your example, the URL path is o4w/oecgi4.exe. If you had a registry branch with settings:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\RevSoft\OECGI4\O4W

The settings would take priority over the more general settings in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\RevSoft\OECGI4

Please confirm these two things but based on your registry settings I would expect the unable to connect message to indicate port 8099 since that is what the registry settings will direct OECGI4 to do.
  • edited October 2018
    Jared,

Thanks for your response.
    I am not entirely sure which version of OECGI4 we have. However, since it is not picking up my current registry path, I assume I will need to update it to the WOW6432Node path.
    I will follow up when I am able to test this out.

Mark
  • Jared,

Sorry about the delay in following up.
    Your suggestion worked perfectly, we used the 64 bit registry settings and it worked like a charm.

Thank you very much,
    Mark