Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Seeking ideas for Server Solution

I am looking for different options on how to host my OpenInsight application on a server, and I'm hoping some of you guys can share your experience. I currently use a physical server box on site. I want to explore using a cloud server service where I can install the application and access via RDP or Citrix client. What services have you found to work well and are reasonable in price?

Comments

• edited November 2018
    < interested in replies >
  • The challenge with a question like this is that there are so many variables and different expectations. Likewise, what is "reasonable in price" for some might be out of reach for others. We've helped clients with several implementations using different platforms. We've found that it is really difficult to provide general advice in these situations other than to report that it is certainly feasible and potentially worthwhile. In the end, if our clients don't think they can adequately do the research on their own, then they should invest in a little consulting on the subject. This would allow you the opportunity to discuss all the of relevant details of your implementation and needs. From here, you can get a proposal on what this would cost so you can determine if it is affordable.
  • Barry, I think this thread in the WORKS section illustrates my point about there being "so many variables". This really isn't a simple click-and-go solution. Even if you have already committed to a specific hosting solution, you still have to configure your server, bandwidth, licenses, etc., and go through the various calculators to get a generalized cost.