Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Copying OI

Ok, this is a really weird one.. and may be related to my last topic. I've copied the entire Revboot folder (that contains OInsight.exe) to another server. It's looking at a newly-installed UD5. When I go into the editor and look at code, it's not the latest version of the code. When I go to Form Designer, the forms are not the latest version, and some of the menu options have reverted to the OI defaults (keystrokes and such).

In Windows Explorer, the Rev files for Sysprocs and Sysobj have the same size and date as on the original system.

Any ideas, oh wise ones?

Thanks,

Michael

Comments

• Do you have a shortcut/RDS that is opening OI on the server? Check the path, I bet it is wrong.
  • Is your REVPARAM updated to point to the new server rather than the old one?
  • Thanks for the input, guys

The shortcut is right.. both the Target path and the Starts In path. And the Revparam points to the right server.

The weird thing is, when I log into the original system, I get all the latest code, forms, etc. But after copying the Entire system to the other server, I get older copies of the code and forms.

Do you think there's something going on with the repository? Anything on the OI side that keeps old copies of stuff?

Thanks again!
  • Michael,

It's uncommon to have a SYSPROCS table stored anywhere other than REVBOOT. Thus I'm going to rule out a whole bunch of possibilities that you've actually attached an old version. You can compare which SYSPROCS table is attached through the Database manager menu Utilities > OpenInsight Table > LH Table Info window. Compare the filename and database volume to verify the one you expect is actually in use. I'm assuming this will all check out OK.

I still think Don's suggestion that the REVPARAM ServerName setting was wrong and it was pointing you to the wrong server but since you checked this and it appears OK perhaps the REVPARAM on the OLD server is wrong. It could be possible that the old REVPARAM file was actually saving your code and forms in some other location than REVBOOT. Then when you copied the system to a new server, updated the REVPARAM file to correct server, you were actually seeing the old data. Please check that the REVPARAM file on the old copy of OI is pointing to the correct ServerName.
  • Thanks Jared.. Got it covered:)