Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

What are these rev files?

I think I'm having a dumb moment so some help please.
I have a directory with a bunch of rev files in it but I do not know what all of them are. I mean they are tables but I can't think of how to determine what tables they are.
If I go to attach them via the db manager, they don't appear in the list. Some do mind you, all the ones I'm expecting but there are others as well.

I'm trying to work out what the extra rev files are. How do I achieve such a feat?

Comments

• The REVMEDIA table should contain all the keys that map the OS files to OI database tables. I would start by attempting to attach this directly. From the System Monitor:
    RUN ATTACH_TABLE "<volumePath>", "REVMEDIA"
    Then you can use an editor to look at the records in this table. The Key IDs are formatted as:
    <tableName> * <databaseID>
    The records themselves contains the OS file name in field 1. From TCL you can also run this command:
    LIST REVMEDIA F1
  • Thanks Don.
    At least that means I wasn't having as dumb a moment as I thought because that's what I was doing.
    The question arises because the list in revmedia only contains about 80 tables inclusive of dicts and bang files but the directory contains about 330 rev files.

I'm trying to work out what the extra ones are; the ones that revmedia doesn't seem to know about.
  • No problem. Yeah, that's unfortunate. My recommendation is to create temp entries in the REVMEDIA and then attach those tables so you can do a quick LIST F1 F2 F3 F4 and see what kind of data is being stored.