Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

How can I hide the title bar

Hi,

We are creating a call center application in OI.
Part of the design is a side panel that looks like this:

We want to hide the title bar (the part in yellow). How do you do this?

Also on a somewhat related note, I want to use the Splitter control to better use the limited space we have available in the side panel, but I don't get it. Do you think the Splitter control could work? It woudl be good if you could provide screenshots of what the Splitter control does.

Comments

• edited February 2019

untick the box in the form designer
  • The experts can give you a better guide on the use of the splitter bar but essentially it's a visual aid only.
    You can 'move' it but it doesn't actually do anything other than provide visual feedback to the user.
    That may be why you "don't get it". You need to programmatically move, resize controls whatever end effect you actually want.
  • Hi,

I did that, but the title bar still appears. I think the framework we are using is automatically putting the title bar onto the form. I need to have a look.

Thanks
  • The SRP SplitterBar Control is only really useful when you want to let the user resize controls on a single form. Since your side bar is it's own window, I don't think the splitter will be useful.

If the title is still appearing after unchecking it, you might be right that framework code somewhere is programmatically forcing it to appear.
  • edited February 2019
    Ok thank you. I will have a look at the code to see if it's putting the title bar onto the form regardless of the checkbox in the form designer. I have another related question, but I will ask it in another thread.

Thanks
  • @josh am I right in understanding your side panel is really just an MDI Child form running in an MDI Frame client?
  • Hi, this is correct.
  • In that case, you can't hide the title bar. OI will always add this back when the form is launched using Start_MDIChild. Actually, I think this is really being done by the Windows API.

It appears you intend this panel to be a part of the MDI Frame rather than a child form. Why don't you move the controls onto the MDI Frame itself and resize the MDI Client so there is room along the left edge?
  • Hhmmm, so it does. That makes me wonder how I've achieved it before because I'm pretty sure I have somewhere along the line.

Is it dependant on the way you launch it, such as perhaps a dialog box instead of start_mdichild?
  • @AusMarkB yes, it is dependent upon the way it is launched.
  • @DonBakke

Ok thanks. If we have to show the title bar, it's not a deal breaker.

• @josh understood...but I'm curious about other visual anomalies that can occur. Do you intend for this form to remain stationary? Should users be prevented from maximizing or minimizing it?

There is another option available to you that would be a hybrid of my suggestion and your form. You would still resize the MDI Client so there is room along the left side of the MDI Frame. However, instead of relocating the controls, just put the SRP Panel control there and use the SetForm method to load your form.
  • @DonBakke

Hi, yes it should be stationary.

I will give that a try. I was reluctant to manually move each control, so your method is good.

As my form is quite complicated, I have my doubts that the panel will work. But we will see.
  • hi, i upgraded to the latest version of your controls, and it all works

This is perfect. Thanks

:

• Outstanding work!