Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Missing forms

Any suggestions on what I may need to fix so that OI finds stuff that it seems to have lost?
This mornings example, I received a REP300 error telling me the form I was launching doesn't exist.
I go to the form designer to open it and sure enough, it's not there in the list.

However, the records exist in both sysreposwins and sysreposwinexes so the form does indeed exist.
I've tried rebuilding system index to no avail.

I had the same issue a few days ago (such and such form does not exist) and whilst that didn't make any sense to me I didn't have time to investigate so just redeployed it from a backup. Now that I've seen it again, I am concerned that I just don't know what else may or may not be supposedly missing.

Comments

• I realise this means that the sysrepos record outlined in the error message is missing but I don't understand why or how to get it back. More accurately what to do to return all the missing entries as I don't know what else has gone awry.
  • 'Rebuild system index'
  • I've tried rebuilding system index to no avail.
  • what about all the 'sync' functions, the do rebuild
  • I don't know of anything that rebuilds SYSREPOS records based on the source records. How and why these would go missing is obviously a big mystery and unexpected. I don't have any grand ideas as to what may be causing this other than perhaps GFEs. Do you have any backups of this system that you can check to confirm if the SYSREPOS records existed then? This might help you to establish a timeline.

Short of restoring them from a backup, you can create a new form of a different name (but similar to your form...e.g., EWO_DETAILS_2_TEMP) and then open this using an editor and doing a Save As and changing the name to what it should be. Then edit the internal references to the correct form name.
  • Often when I "sync" systems I copy the lks and ovs in the root directory from one to another. I suspect this was the timing but it's still confusing as both systems should have been virtually identical and indeed most of it worked.
    I mean if I had accidentally copied from the wrong system, one that was so old not to have these windows in it then the sysreposwins and corresponding commuter source code wouldn't exist either.

I could do the form designer thing or just deploy from my original source but the bigger concern is I don't know what's missing that I haven't stumbled across as yet.
  • ...I don't know what's missing that I haven't stumbled across as yet.

For that I would just write a quick utility that rummaged through the SYSREPOSWINS and/or SYSREPOSWINEXES and then looked for a missing corresponding SYSREPOS pointer and then create a report with that information.
  • Good suggestion.
    I have though just got an updated copy of the original source files and everything seems to be there this time.
    I must have just screwed up the original copy/paste somehow.

Hopefully crisis averted.