Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

RTI_OS_Directory

OI v9.4.4, Win10. I remember initially (2016? 2017?) trying to use this command "RTI_OS_Directory", but at the time there were some issues with it. I believe on OIWORKS forum, something was mentioned that the function would leave corrupted remains of explorer.exe in memory. Instead, I used the tried and true UTILITY, but I really would like the functionality of "RTI_OS_Directory". I am wondering if anyone uses this function without incident? Stable? Reliable? etc. I remember when I first tried using it, it would freeze the screen (Win7/8) and then crash. I researched at the time and found the memory corruption issue mentioned in OIWORKS. Is anyone using this function now and are they happy with its response? I have tried it a few times now and it appears to be working w/o crashing my workstation but just wondering if others have implemented in their code without incidents. TIA.

Comments

• I honestly can't remember hearing about RTI_OS_Directory having issues. All I can tell you is that we use this routine frequently and so far it has never exhibited any problems that I am aware of.
  • I don't remember hearing that either and RTI_OS_Directory is usually my goto command. Based on the symptoms you described it might have been particular to the network share or the files in the share you were accessing. Windows Explorer will act sluggish when accessing folders with 100,000's+ of files OR over network shares that it doesn't have access to since the timeout process can take a few seconds and appear to hang Explorer.
  • Thank you for the information, I have used it the past couple of days and the function seems to be working as intended. I do know I used it before and I had experienced anomalies. I had checked with OIWORKS forums and I did find the posting about some issues (initially) with this function. Either way, I am moving on with using the function, thank you.