Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

UD performance

Hello all,

I have a client who is using UD5.2 and OI9.4. We recently converted their Arev app to OI. When we ran in test and first ran it live, it seemed to have very acceptable performance. Since then, the performance has steadily gone down with no change to the code.

Does anyone know what might cause such a thing, and if there are any settings (especially in the UD) that I should check?

Gratzi!

Michael

Comments

• If the performance issues are observed throughout the entire application then I would look for issues like AV software targeting the files. This can be on the workstations or the server.

I would also try and see if performance seems better on some machines versus others (or versus the server itself). This will help to determine if the network is the issue.

If performance was once decent and then when downhill quickly and if there haven't been major changes to the database then I generally suspect environment issues.

You might find Jared's 4-part series on the UD 5 worthwhile. Here is the first of those articles:

Mind the Defaults – UD 5.0 Benchmarks – Part 1